MA in Economics, Tribhuvan University is a semester base two-year program consisting of four semesters. The student will have to go through various compulsory papers and specialized paper. The first two semesters consist of core courses and are compulsory for the student, whereas the last two semesters consist of specialized courses from which student can choose their interested courses.
The students of economics are awarded the Master’s of Arts in Economics degree after the successful completion of the prescribed course. The examinations are conducted on a semester basis by the Office of Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Social Science, Tribhuvan University.
Each paper of students under the semester system is evaluated internally and externally. The internal evaluation carries 40 marks and the written examination carries 60 marks. The final grade is received as a GPA score.
Eligibility of Admission
- The students having Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree with major economics from TU or any other universities recognized by TU
- Students with BA equivalent degrees in Mathematics, Management, Engineering (At least 300 marks in mathematics or economics or econometrics) are also eligible to apply.
- Students must pass the entrance examinations which consist of 50 multiple choice questions (MCQ) covering the content of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Quantitative Techniques, and Contemporary Development Issues.
|551||Micro Economics – I||4|
|552||Macro Economics – I||4|
|554||Economics of Development &Planning – I||3|
|555||Micro Economics – II||4|
|556||Macro Economics – II||4|
|558||Economics of Development & Planning- II||3|
|560||Public Economics – I||3|
|Optional (Any two: Six credit)|
|565 (A)||Managerial Economics||3|
|Economics of Agricultural Development||3|
|563||History of Economic Thought||3|
|565 (B)||Financial Economics||3|
|566||Public Economics – II||3|
|Optional (Nine credit from the following)|
|Natural Resource Economics||3|
|International Finance and Economic Cooperation||3|
|569||Economics of Human Resource Development||3|
|Economics of Energy||3|
|Economics of Tourism||3|
MA in Economics Syllabus (Download)
- MA in Economics First Semester Syllabus
- MA in Economics Second Semester Syllabus
- MA in Economics Third Semester Syllabus
- MA in Economics Fourth Semester Syllabus
Passing Grade and Grading System
The internal evaluation and external examination shall carry 40% and 60% weightage respectively. The final grade will be determined by the overall performance in internal and external examinations conducted by the FOHSS.
The students shall receive their semester grades and academic transcript grades only in letter grades and GPA scores as given.
|Grade||CGPA||Percentage Equivalent||Performance Remark|
|A||4.0||90 and above||Distinction|
|A-||3.7||80 – 89.9||Very Good|
|B+||3.3||70 – 79.9||First Division|
|B||3.0||60 – 69.9||Second Division|
|B-||2.7||50 – 59.9||Pass in individual subject|
Students must secure a minimum of a grade ‘B-‘ or grade point 2.7 in order to pass the individual subject. In order to pass the semester examination, students must secure a minimum of Grade ‘B’ or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0.
MA Economics Entrance 2022
For more detail : Central Department of Economics
Fell free to comment us below.